Tumors & Cysts on My Dog

I've been around many dogs in my life and have had my own as well, but never have I seen anything as big as a roma tomato or small kiwi grow on a dog and not wonder if it may be cancerous...


My baby boy Stanley, had what-appeared-to-be a skin tag, smaller than a tiny raisin growing on his left back leg.

I didn't think it was significant but I kept my eye on it, each time I played with him or groomed him I would make a mental note of any changes.

After several months, this small growth ballooned into a grape size cyst and I was really flabbergasted, because I had asked my neighbors if their dogs had curious growths on them and astonishingly enough they said "Yes".

I knew we had some mold and living out in the county, we also have mice. Could either of these things be the culprit?

As the weeks went by, this cyst grew even more and it was turning dark brown. Now I was starting to worry because something that grows that fast and changes color, is an indication of something really bad...!

I couldn't get an appointment fast enough because of COVID19 lockdowns and businesses not always open, but when Stanley's growth grew bigger and turned completely purple, I was beside myself!

The vet listened to my serious pleas and took Stanley in and said she would perform surgery and send it to the lab.

I'm happy to report that my Stanley is home recovering but the vet found 4 more tumors that she removed, one was in his mouth!? (not to mention we found out he has a thyroid problem!)

A few of my dog-loving neighbors have told me they suspect the water supply. Strangely enough, since I've been drinking this water I've had several skin tags appear on my neck... Coincidence?

The lab results will be in by January 8, 2021.

So please take away this from my story:

- never ignore a cyst or tumor
- if you haven't tested your tap water, do so!
- don't forget to get your pets checked regularly