Save money & Keep your Keurig!

Two years ago, one of the gifts we received for Christmas was a Keurig coffee machine. I was ecstatic cause I’m a big-time coffee drinker and now I was going to finally experience quality coffee one cup at a time--- any flavor my heart desired!

What I didn’t know was that I’d be spending close to $16 every two to three days for a box of 12 K-cups, adding up to about $128 in one month!!! Needless to say, after the novelty wore off and my grocery allowance kept coming up short, I decided to unplug the Keurig and went back on the instant coffee budget.

But a few weeks ago, I discovered a way to save money & keep my Keurig! I was strolling through Walmart when I saw single-cup reusable filter pods designed for the Keurig… At first I sighed and just walked on but when I got to the end of the aisle, I turned around and headed right back to get a better look.

keurigPods

***NOTE: Keurig has come out with their own reusable filter pods, but I think you only get 1 for $17.

I picked this one up for under $10. It comes with  4 pods and a scooper and I can use it with ANY brand coffee, including Starbucks, 8’oclock coffee, Maxwell House, Green Mountain, Douwe Egberts, and Gevalia.

They all taste perfect, no coffee grounds in your cup and easy to clean.

Now I can drink gourmet coffee and still use my Keurig, and not go broke doing it! :)

 filter pods for keurig

blinky36