My Fitness Pal

myFitnessPal

 

While I’ve tried many diets over the years, the single most important thing I was missing was the ability to correctly calculate calories and keep my fats, sugars & sodium under control.

Fortunately, the internet has a solution for every conceivable problem and when I discovered My Fitness Pal I was really excited! And the best part, they provide a free app for your smart phone so you can take your healthy eating on the go!

One of the features I appreciate the most is the ability to photograph the barcode on a package and instantly get the nutritional value of that snack! It takes all the manually work & guessing out of the equation, leaving you with just the facts.

nutritionChart

Reports and charts can break down your eating habits into overall or individual categories, where you can see your weekly or monthly intake of sodium or whatever you’re having a hard time controlling in your diet. For me, it’s always been carbs…

 carbsChart

In addition to counting calories & keeping track of nutritional values, My Fitness Pal also offers group communities, an exercise diary (with calories burned tool), apps, tickers and badges to place on your blog showing your weight loss progress.

 

Look for this and other great diet & fitness apps at Google Play Store!